Unofficial Portkey Archive

Who? by sugarbear_1269
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Who?

sugarbear_1269

A/N: After re-reading my story again, I found some continuity errors, for one, Draco has said Ginny's name several times. So, please forgive me my mistake, and I will fix them tomorrow. For those of you who think nothing is going to happen, please chew on this and know that yes, Virginia, there is going to be a main event. I'd appreciate it if you reviewed, just to let me know that there's something decent about it.

She tried not to recall their abrupt ending in the room that turned out to be above The Three Broomsticks. She tried to forget that she'd fallen to her knees sobbing, ruing her slip of the tongue. But she couldn't help remembering. She dreamt of him almost nightly, hoping that maybe, just once, he would stay. He always left.

After he'd disappeared she'd cried herself out. When she finally had the strength to stand, she tried to right her clothes and her hair. She searched frantically for her panties, but they were nowhere to be found. She disapparated outside, the cool air rushing up her skirt and worrying her passion-swelled center. As she walked she felt the aftershocks of pleasure and couldn't suppress her dark reaction.

He'd not spoken to her since, never tormented her or pushed her up against walls in unused corridors. He never so much looked her way. She found herself desperately seeking some sort of acknowledgement that she existed.

Her studies began to falter somewhat, and her friends seemed to be worried about her. She was continually pale and drawn, and not even Ron could ferret out the reason. She blamed her increasingly difficult course load for her lack of sparkle. Everyone was mostly forced to leave her alone. And that was what she preferred.

I'm being ridiculously girly about this. I was foolish to think that I could ever reach his heart when it's so plainly made of stone. I should be happy that he's simply let me alone. All I did was give him a show. And something to smirk about.

And then she spent the rest of the time wondering why she wanted to reach his heart.

Thanksgiving came and Ginny hadn't the strength to go to the Great Hall for the lavish dinner. She decided she'd get some food from the house-elves later. She holed up in her room and did her homework. She had finally made the decision to forget Malfoy. There was nothing there for her. So why let her studies suffer? She felt a surge of power and a smile for the first time in weeks.

Hours later, when everyone was in bed, Ginny snuck out of the portrait hole and headed down the corridor towards the vast kitchens. She turned the corner and collided directly with Malfoy's chest.

He'd removed his robes and had them slung over his arm. His white shirt was half-unbuttoned, his silver and green Slytherin tie loosened. His black pants were tucked into his calf-length boots. Ginny hurriedly backed up, rubbing her squashed nose. Draco allowed himself a smoky smile.

"Well, Weasley, what are you doing out of bed so late?" he drawled, taking in her disheveled appearance. She hesitated and he narrowed his eyes.

"I, er, I was going to the kitchen. I didn't go to the Thanksgiving dinner. I'm famished," she said hurriedly, the words tripping off her tongue.

"Yes, I noticed your absence. Any particular reason?" he probed. Her eyes danced, hoping to alight on anything but his piercing eyes.

He watched her eyes widen in surprise when her gaze rested on his breast pocket. A small square of red satin was folded there, handkerchief-style. Her mouth dropped and he enjoyed her dismay immensely. He had to hold back a laugh.

"Well?" he prompted.

"I didn't want to!" she whispered hoarsely. He debated making her repeat it directly to his face, staring into his eyes. He decided against it. Instead he lifted his wand and tipped her chin up.

He saw the instant of terror that flashed across her chocolate eyes. He rolled his.

"I'm not going to charm you, for Merlin's sake. Get to the kitchens and back in five minutes, or I'll personally put you to bed."