Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Power by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Power

gypsybaby21

Day Three:

"Tell me again why we're doing this?" Ron grunted as he swung his damp t-shirt over his bare shoulders and glanced up at the dirty blonde haired, doe eyed girl.

Luna glanced up and smiled at the sun, sighing heavily. "Doesn't it smell lovely out Ronald?"

Ron put a hand on his hips, the shovel in his hand still stuck into the dirt of the ground. "Ah-no…why am I doing this?"

Luna grinned down at him and wrinkled her nose, excitement glistening in her eyes, "So we can see what the other side of the world is like."

Ron's eyes shifted across her facial features, settling his weight on one foot, considering her answer. He then gave a small smile, shaking his head at the ground. "You're insane."

Luna frowned and dropped her head fiddling with the hoops of her multi-colored patched skirt. She stood there; head bowed, her long blonde braided hair dangling over her chest, shuffling a foot into the dirt of the ground. The movements she conducted made a few pieces of stray hair the wind had managed to tease from the tight braids fall into her face giving her an innocent child manner about her. That innocent look did things to his insides, things he didn't want to think about. His stomach dropped, but he wasn't sure if it was from guilt or…something Ron didn't even want to fathom.

He leaned his upper body on the shovel and sighed heavily, lifting an eyebrow and glancing up at the sun. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Dumbledore is going too bloody well have a stroke once he sees this huge hole."

Luna swiped her tongue over her bottom lip making it glisten with moisture in the sun. Ron cringed as he felt his groin tighten.

This is not happening. Why? Merlin, why?

Luna stomped her foot repeatedly on the loose dirt above the five foot deep hole. Ron squinted up at her and frowned. With her hands on her hips, her eyes harsh, and her lips pouted, Ron had never thought he'd think of the one word he would never have used to describe Luna Looney Lovegood…but he knew it was the only word that could describe her at that moment. It was so perfect. With the sunlight gleaming behind her and her stance firm and solid, yet strong and feminine at the same time, she was absolutely that one word and what with the quirky sorts of humorous thoughts going through her head, she probably wouldn't think it, not once, but he knew at that moment she was beautiful. Goddess like.

"Oh look, it's a bush," Luna squealed as she leapt down in the hole next to Ron.

He jerked back slightly and shook his head. "What?"

"A bush-why would it be under the dirt. Maybe it's alive."

Ron gave her an 'are you stupid' look. "It would be."

"Why would it be?"

"What?" Ron asked shaking his head.

"Maybe you should touch it."

Ron gulped as x-rated thoughts quickly raced across his head. "Touch what?" he croaked.

"The bush."

"You touch it!!"

"I can't."

"Why?" Ron asked incredulous.

"Because-"

"Because maybe it's infested with nargles?"

Luna gave him a questioning look. "Are you mad? Only mistletoes. I know someone who went mad once, positively dreadful it was. They put her in a padded room-err wait, that was the aliens captive."

"Aliens don't exist."

Luna snorted in a very un-lady like manner. "They do. Muggles don't think we exist, but look too one than another and there, we're everywhere."

Ron couldn't take it anymore. One more second and he knew-he had to do something about it. "I know why you want me to dig."

Luna frowned. "You didn't listen."

"No, I heard what you said, but it's a cover up."

"I wonder why they call it cover up when it could very well be a cover down," she said.

Ron grinned as he noted the slight tremor in her voice. "You wanted to see me with my shirt off."

"Why-why that's absurd! I-"

Ron licked his lips and closed the tiny space between them. He wrapped his hands around waist and brought her body into his.

Luna sucked in a deep breath, her head pulling away from his. "The match is lit," she whispered never taking her eyes off of him.

His eyes darkened as he dropped his head closer towards hers. "Then lets start the fire."

Luna moaned softly and wrapped her arms fiercely around his neck, crashing her lips to his.

"Your name fits you perfectly you know," Ron whispered against her lips.

She pulled back slightly. "What?"

"Figure it out when we aren't having our first kiss," he said licking her lips and capturing them once again into a passionate kiss, only this time it lasted longer.

~*~

"Why in the bloody hell are you looking at me like that?" Draco gritted out as he lifted his eyes from his Herbology book.

Ginny shrugged. "I'm not looking at you. Every time I look at you my stomach turns," she grunted out adjusting her right foot underneath her and glancing down at her book.

"Don't lie to yourself baby," he said amused. "You've been looking at me like a lovesick puppy all day."

"Excuse me? Lovesick puppy? You are way too stuck on yourself."

Draco wiggled his eyebrows. "You are such a-"

"What? Such a what? Careful slave," Ginny growled in warning.

"Forget it," he said shaking his head and dropped his gaze back down to his book.

He knew she was looking at him again. He hated the way she went about it, as if she was trying to figure him out, trying to find that secret piece inside of him that made him Draco.

Hell I don't even know what it is.

Merlin! If she doesn't stop looking at me like that…

"You make me want to giggle all the time when I'm with you," Ginny's voice came softly, interrupting his thoughts. "You make me feel-womanly?" She ended the sentence with a confused expression crossing her face and as if suddenly snapping out of it she glared at Draco, "and it's not fair when my presence does absolutely nothing for you."

Draco gazed upon her, his body rigid with tension, his fists clenching and unclenching on either side of his book as he tried to restrain the need that was coursing through his body. He was so close to her. Every fiber of his being was telling him, screaming at him to touch her milky skin, if only for a moment.

"How can you say that when every moment I'm near you it's like I'm in hell?"

Ginny flinched and jerked her eyes towards him; she then quickly turned them back to the floor. "I'm sorry."

Draco reached over and lifted her chin up. "Don't be," he whispered softly as his finger gently stroked underneath her chin.

It was like his finger was magically luring Ginny's face up towards his.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just-just feel what you make my body do against its will," his voice seemed to lull over her body. Ginny gasped as she felt him bring her hand to his groin.

He contracted his hand around hers, making the friction between Ginny's hand and his erection almost unbearable. "I hate you, but yet you make my body crave you like water. Why do you do that?"

"I don't mean too."

Draco smirked. "Gee, and here I thought it was your doing."

"Don't be an ass," Ginny mumbled.

"It's my profession," he breathed against her lips. "Tell me you want me."

Ginny jerked back, but not before Draco wrapped his large hand around the side of her face pulling her back too him. "What?"

"Tell me Gin," he whispered, placing his lips on hers, coaxing them to part open slightly.

She moaned reaching for him. "I want you Draco."

He grinned and pulled back. "It's what I thought," he said slamming his book shut, getting up and walking away.

Ginny growled as she watched him walk out of the library. "Draco Malfoy you will pay for that."

~*~

"Harry?" Hermione called through his room, which was only lit by the soft glow of three candles, scattered on his dresser.

She pulled back the bed curtains expecting to find him underneath the covers, but she instead found a bouquet of roses lying across the stark white pillow.

Hermione gasped as she felt strong arms wrap around her waist. "Harry!"

"Hey," he said nuzzling the tender part beneath her ear.

She turned into his welcoming arms. "Did you buy me roses?"

"Well, nothing says 'I love you' more than a dozen red roses right?"

Hermione frowned and searched his face; hope hinting in the glinting of her eyes. "What?"

Harry licked his lips and cradled her face between his palms. "I love you Hermione."

To Be Continued…

Sorry it took so long-the basic babble of necessity for the time it took and mistakes. I hope you guys enjoyed this part! Hopefully I did pretty decent on Luna, thanks for the links Viwiel and for anyone else who shared info with me. ~Aya