Unofficial Portkey Archive

Little Girls, Little Boys by hypotheticalxsituation
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Little Girls, Little Boys

hypotheticalxsituation

AN: I forgot to add the disclaimer to the first two chapters but here it is: I own nothing. Unfortunately.

Also, I want to say thank you to all of you have reviewed, its very much appreciated and makes me smile Hope you like the rest of the story!

As soon as he saw who was in the library, Harry regretted walking into the cursed room. The person he had been avoiding like the plague all day was there, and she had already spotted him. Seven years, seven years and you still haven't learned that when avoiding Hermione, NEVER GO IN THE LIBRARY?! His inner voice still screaming at him to run away, he reluctantly walked over to her.

"Harry." She nodded at him to sit and as he did, he noticed that there was another bag on the table, not just Hermione's. He didn't have time to dwell on this though, as she started ranting and it took all his concentration to understand what she was saying.

"Seriously Harry, what were you thinking? You could have woken me up, but instead you decide to carry me to your bed! I know we've slept together before, but that was necessity, Harry. You know I never mind it, but usually Ron's there too, or I'm aware of it! Complete invasion of privacy, really. I'm not angry at you, and I'm sorry for my tone before, but next time just wake me up all right?"

"I'm sorry Hermione." His brilliant defense had flown out the window as soon as he heard Ron's name. Truthfully, they had only slept with each other three times and two of those times Ron had been there too.

"Now, would you like to tell me why I spent the entire day running around school, helping Ron find Ginny?" Hermione asked.

"What?" Harry's voice was a couple octaves higher than usual as he contemplated several scenarios to escape.

"Honestly, do you think I'm daft? Ron might be Ginny's brother, but they're not exactly best friends, are they?"

"Well, you see… Ron…"

"Hermione!" Harry whipped his head around to see who was calling her name, and missed how a beaming smile graced Hermione's face.

"Terry, I was wondering where you were." As Hermione greeted Terry Boot, Harry's insides squirmed with jealousy. Too bad the poor bloke still hadn't identified that nauseated feeling and he thought he was probably allergic to Terry's cologne. He wears too much really, nasty stuff. Hermione must hate it…yes, he must repulse her… He felt a bit better after that conclusion, but that was short-lived as he saw Hermione positively glow as Terry stood next to her.

"Sorry, took me a while to find my Potions book…Hey Harry, didn't know you would be joining us." Terry's tone was suspicious, but before Harry could answer Hermione corrected his assumption.

"Oh, Harry was just asking me something about the DADA essay, but he has to go finish that now, don't you?" Harry contemplated Hermione's pleading look and assessed the situation. He could stay, and figure out why Hermione was with Boot at this hour (8 o' clock! The nerve!), or he could go and get back in her good graces.

"Er, sure. I was just leaving anyway." As Harry left the table, he saw Terry sit in his vacated seat next to Hermione. He also noticed the boy scooted the chair a few inches too close to hers for his comfort.

"Bye, `Mione!" Harry's attempt to attract Hermione's attention failed. She was too deep in conversation with Terry to notice that Harry had called her something other than her full name. Harry supposed that could be a good thing, the last person who abbreviated her name had been left with a Jelly Legs Jinx and ringing ears.

He would have to deal with Hermione later, because right now Ginny was running at him full speed and he had the perfect way to continue his plan.

"Gin! I've been looking all over for you!" Ginny's grin grew wider and wider as with every word Harry said, and she stopped running right in front of Harry, and very, very close.

"Really? I've been stuck in the dorms all day, loads of homework you know?" Harry snickered inwardly as he saw her face light up and look downcast all at the same time, because she had missed the opportunity to be with him and because he had wanted to see her.

"Well, you don't have homework now, do you?" As Harry spoke, he noticed a speck of red hair flying his way and thanked the gods for helping him implement the perfect revenge.

Grabbing Ginny's arm, he yanked her down the hall and into an empty classroom and just as he was closing the door, he signaled Ron and alerted him to Ginny's presence. Turning to Ginny, who had turned a brilliant shade of red, he moved towards her slowly and took one of her hands in his. Ginny was so busy trying not to hyperventilate that she didn't notice the smirk on Harry's face and the stomping footsteps of her brother.

Just as Harry had moved even closer to her face, Ron slammed the door open and Harry jumped back about a foot.

"Gingin!" Ginny screamed and ran behind a desk, attempting to hide from Ron. Harry wanted to teach Ginny something about messing with a Marauder's son, but he wasn't Bellatrix or worse, Snape. Motioning for Ginny to get down, he pointed his wand at Ron and muttered Stupefy. When Ron's body hit the ground with a loud thump, Ginny rose from her position behind the desk.

"Harry, I'm so sorry, I honestly have no idea what has gotten into him! I think maybe Hermione poisoned him or something, to annoy me. She's never really liked me you know…" Harry's blood boiled. Ginny's sickly sweet voice and the way she was accusing Hermione, his Hermione, was making him angrier than Voldemort when he had the misfortune to look at his own reflection.

Ginny, having no sense of self preservation at all, walked closer to Harry and reached for his hand. Harry's eyes flashed and he recoiled.

"I'd better get Ron back to the tower."

"Oh, don't worry about him, I reckon he'll be out for a while. Stay with me."

Harry wanted nothing more than to lock her in the Chamber of Secrets with only Peter Pettigrew for company while Buckbeak and the last of Hagrid's Blast-Ended Skrewts chased after them mercilessly. Harry realized that in order for his plan to work he was going to have to make certain sacrifices. Allowing Ginny to touch him, although he would prefer to have a Dark Mark branded on him before that ever happened, was a necessity.

He reached out and held her hand again, stepping closer to her and watching as her face lost its blazing color but gained a faint pink shade across her cheeks. He was getting closer, he could count the freckles on her nose and before she could close the gap between them, he abruptly pulled away.

"Harry?" Ginny squeaked as she attempted to pull him back to her.

"Sorry, Gin. I shouldn't have gotten that close, not with Ron there. I'll take him to the tower now and I'll see you later okay?"

Before she could respond, he dropped a quick kiss on her forehead and tried to ignore the bitter taste in his mouth, it was then that he realized that Ginny was, in fact, bitter. Ginny loathed the fact that Harry never showed any interest in her, that Hermione was his best friend, that Ron got to go on adventures with them…but that still didn't give her any right to try to trick Harry.

Leaving Ginny blushing scarlet, Harry levitated Ron and walked out of the room. Continuing on his way back to the common room, Harry contemplated what to do next. Well, Weasley thinks she has a chance now, but I still have to figure out how to get Ron back to normal and then I can…

Harry stopped in his tracks. The sight before him was too much to handle, and he dropped Ron unceremoniously. The sound of his body crashing to the ground resounded throughout the dark corridor, announcing Harry's presence.

-->