Unofficial Portkey Archive

Pieces by sugarbear_1269
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Pieces

sugarbear_1269

Author's Notes: A few things before I begin. The companion fic to the Who? Trilogy has the first part posted on both The Smutty Project (username SunshineSamantha) and Restricted Section (username SunshineFanFics). When the last part is written and posted, I will indicate that when I post to this fic. Remember, you must be over 18 to access either site, and you must get a free membership.

Secondly, the chapters will be short to begin with because I've had trouble with posting, so to make the story show up on the updated list, I have to have at least three chapters. More will be coming. Just know that this is going to be far shorter and fluff-filled. Angsty, yes, but fluffy, definitely. Much love and Tom Feltons to where_is_truth and rainpuddle13, my betas. Please understand the first three chapters are unbetaed, any and all mistakes are mine. Thanks for reading, and don't forget to push that review button.

Flying. Sick pull behind her navel. Falling haphazardly through tall trees whose branches scored her skin. Wounds reopened. Crashing to the ground and mercifully passing out.

***

The crunch of leaves stirred Ginny. Her pounding head could make out two muffled female voices, one clearly older and the other clearly younger. A warm hand tenderly brushed dirt off her cheek and the older voice asked her what her name was.

The pain. The pain of her shredded abdomen was excruciating.

Can't let them see it. Her fuddled mind halfheartedly whispered a healing spell she knew was worthless without her wand.

"Honey? Can you hear me? My daughter's getting you a blanket, okay, and we've called for help. You just sit tight, you hear?"

Dimly, Ginny realized she was nude. Seconds later, her head began to clear and the only thing she could think was that this woman was from the American south. She recalled meeting a southern witch once at the Ministry, and she'd been taken with how lovely her voice was.

This woman sounded much the same and Ginny relaxed a bit.

"Where, er, where am I?" Ginny croaked, clearing her parched and swollen throat.

The woman sounded relieved that Ginny was at least able to speak. "You're on the hiking trails at the Wilderness Lodge," she said. "Do you remember how you got here?"

Unfortunately, I do. And there's no magic here. I can feel it.

"Uh, no, not at the moment," she rasped.

"I'm going to sit here and talk to you until my daughter comes back with the blanket, okay? My name is Fran."

"I'm Ginny," she said, glad that at least Fran was there to talk to.

"My daughter and I were hiking and we saw you, Ginny, all curled up here in the leaves. Now I don't want you to move, but it looks like you're all right, but we still called the paramedics."

Paramedics? Mediwizards?

"Here's Stacie now with that blanket." Ginny turned her head and saw a pretty young girl about twelve years old rush up breathlessly and hand a fuzzy blanket to her mother.

"Daddy called the police," Stacie said excitedly. "I think the ambulance is on its way!"

As if on cue, a blaring noise filled the small clearing. Fran hurriedly wrapped the blanket around Ginny. Ginny took a second to assess herself under the blanket.

Lucius' cuts are gone. I didn't just do wandless magic, did I?

Three men and one woman rushed into the clearing. One man was dressed casually and Ginny guessed he was Fran's husband. The other two men and woman were in dark blue uniforms and were towing a rolling metal table behind them.

Fran and Stacie backed away from Ginny as the female paramedic dropped to the ground next to Ginny.

"She said her name is Ginny," Fran offered. The paramedic smiled at Fran and turned back to Ginny.

"Okay, Miss Ginny, I'm Melissa and these here are my partners Jim and Robert. We're going to take you to the hospital and make sure you're all right."

The hospital? Somehow I have the feeling there aren't going to be any wizarding folk thereā€¦