Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Happened One Night! by Muirnin
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Happened One Night!

Muirnin

Disclaimer:

I do not now, nor at any time own any of the Harry Potter characters. Whether this is an Original Plot or in answer to a Portkey Challenge ALL is based on characters brilliantly created by J K Rowling with possible additional characters created by Muirnin Cocan.

In no way is any money being made, nor copyright or trademark infringement intended. I own nothing… not even my car.

J K Rowling owns all rights as well as various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, with additional motion picture rights belonging to Warner Bros., Inc. For a complete list of all the various publishers around the world go to www.jkrowling.com

Some parts may be of an adult nature that may not be suitable for all readers.

Reader discretion is strongly advised.

It Happened One Night

An H/Hr Wedding Challenge!

Chapter two We did WHAT?

They could hear the door to the room they were in open and a pair of cheerful voices greeting them.

"Goodmorning Newlyweds!" Ron and Luna said.

Both Harry and Hermione now looked at each other with eyes wide open... Heads pounding as comprehension began to seep into the painful depths of their brains…

"Newlyweds?" they said in unison.

Hermione pulled the covers up tighter around her as Ron and Luna came further into the room. "Oh my God… Please tell me this is a nightmare…" she mumbled.

"Ron, what the hell is going on here?" Harry asked a slight crease furrowing in his brow as the sound of his voice shot pain thru his alcohol drenched mind.

Ron tossed a copy of the Daily Prophet on the bed in front of them and he and Luna sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I am a bit surprised Harry that you did not give Me and The Quibbler the exclusive for your wedding to Hermione… but to not tell us… However, your dress looked beautiful Hermione… you must have been a beautiful bride." Luna said in a breathless fashion.

"Good work mate, I knew you two would marry some day…" Ron said with a big grin. Then seeing the cringing on both the newlyweds faces he said, "I'm sure you both could use a bit more sleep… you DID forget to put a silencing charm on the room last night."

"A silencing charm…" tears started falling from Hermione's eyes as she grabbed the sheet and wrapped it around her and ran screaming from the room.

"Luna could you go after her please." Harry asked quietly, when she had left the room Harry grabbed Ron by the front of his shirt pulled him forward and said very quietly and with deadly calm… "I need a sobriatus potion and a whole lot of answers Ron… what do you mean that Hermione and I are married."

"Oi! Mate, chill there for a second… everything I know about your marriage I got out of this mornings Daily Prophet… Be right back with your potion." Ron said dislodging himself from Harry's grasp.

Harry reached down and picked up the Daily Prophet. There on the front page was a stunning color wedding picture of Harry and Hermione smiling, kissing and looking eternally happy…

Surprise Nuptuals Shock Wizarding World A Daily Prophet exclusive by Rita Skeeter Our own Savior from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named - The Boy who lived, Harry James Potter (21), surprised us all when he married his long time, best friend and confidant muggle-born witch Hermione Jane Granger (21).

The couple's friendship started when they first met at the age of 11 years old… There are many stories about the adventures of the famous Trio from their years at Hogwarts and both Harry and Hermione graduated with distinction from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - both being named Head Boy and Girl during their final year in school.

The former Ms. Granger, a brilliant student topped the all time NEWTS list with an impressive 18 NEWTS - a feat that had never been done in the 1000 year history of the school. She now works out of their home as an editor/writer for Mystical Manuscripts.

Mr. Potter is well known for his defeat of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, that snake who evilly infested the wizarding world, the year after they graduated from Hogwarts. He now works as the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts and has been teaching since before he graduated having assisted as a Defensive Arts instructor during his 6th and 7th years.

The Trio (Harry & Hermione Potter along with their best friend Ronald Billius Weasley (22) - Starting Keeper for the Chudley Canons) still live together in Hogsmeade, in a home they renovated and what has since been named TrinityTowers. This reporter did try and locate Mr. Weasley or his wife of 2 years Quibbler executive Luna Lovegood-Weasley but neither was available for comment regarding the last minute Potter Nuptuals.

The Trio were able to take down not only He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named but his massive force of death eaters, cleared Sirius Blacks good name and established the foundation called The Betterment of Magical Bretheren, a society that helps the wizarding world to better understand the complexities and compliments our Magical Bretheren do for our world. They have been able to help in a number of worthwhile causes including S.P.E.W and the Centaur's Awareness Program. There will be a longer article about The Betterment of Magical Bretheren in an edition of the Daily Prophet later this month as Mrs. Potter has so graciously promised an exclusive interview… detailing all about this worthwhile organization.

In a late night ceremony at the Ministry of Magic last night, yours truly was present for what had to be one of the most beautiful weddings of this or any other century. Surprisingly, they were not married by their dear friend The Minister for Magic Arthur Weasley, or by the Chief Wizard of the Wizengamont Albus Dumbledore… but by a Muggle coalition Justice of the Peace who is a member of both the Ministry for Magic as well as the Parliament of England. Representatives of both families were also not represented. It is not surprising that Harry Potter's only surviving relatives Vernon, Petunia and Dudley Dursley would not attend such an auspicious occasion but that the brides family Muggle Dr's Daniel and Emma Granger were also not in attendence.

So it comes down to me, Rita Skeeter, to bring you this exclusive of all the details to this most happy and joyous event. This marriage comes as no surprise to this reporter as I have been saying for the last decade that these two were an item. Why even during the Tri-Wizarding Tournament during year 4 at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry did I announce their involvement (which they adamently denied). But what was a big surprise was the speed with which they chose to exchange their vows, leaving this curious reporter the question… Is there something the happy couple isn't telling us?

As for the wedding itself… Our dear Harry was bedecked in a stunning Muggle black silk Armani Tuxedo with stunning Red satin cumberbun and ascot tie, topped off with rubies for the studs and cufflinks. Rumor has it, that these are some of the very same rubies that are from the Gryffindor Ruby collection that our sweet Mr. Potter inherited many years ago. The blushing bride Hermione looked absolutely stunning in a white satin creation that cost (I am told by a reliable source) a grand total of 23,000 Galleons. The close fitting, jewel encrusted bodice shaped with a sweetheart neckline, was cut low enough to see the swell of her breasts but still modestly covered, while the back dipped down into a deep V - with a massive bouque of satin roses clustered at the point that lead into the massive train. This detail accentuated the beauty of her creamy, delicate skin. The entire dress had an intricate amount of Celtic knotwork done in pearls and crystals around the neckline, down the edging of the back, along the cuffs, the waist and all around bottom of the dress… culminating along the edge of the massive cathedral length train. At the base of the train was an elaborate cutwork of the Claddaugh - the Irish wedding emblem signifying Love, Loyalty and Friendship. Hermione's gorgeous curly chestnut hair was pulled back into a cascade of curls and was swept up by a diamond tiara topped off by a opalescent tule veil that also had more of the intricate knotwork along its edge. Around her neck, the bride wore a stunning diamond necklace with matching earrings… both from the Potter Family Collection.

Both bride and groom were resplendent in their fine apparrel. What is surprising to this writer is that these Muggle creations for weddings are spectacular to look at, and much more complex to make than the normal Wizarding wedding robes. How is it that two of the most famous wizards in the world today could have so much detail to their wedding and the world NOT know about it. I, for one, am so privalaged to have attended such a spectacular and private event. My Photographer Colin Creevey and I were the ones honored to be the witnesses for this wedding…

I will never forget the look of love they showed for each other as they spoke their own vows… out of privacy to the happy couple I will not disclose those vows at this time… until they say it is alright. As you can see by the picture above and the rest of the pictures on pages 7, 8 and 9 - they truly do emphasize the level of love we all seek in our lives…

Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Harry James Potter, for allowing this humble writer to be at your wedding… may you both blessed be!

Harry stared at the words on the newspaper, his mind still not focused.

"Here this may help…" Ron said as he gave him the potion. "I gave some to Luna to give to Hermione… That's some spread the old beetle did on you guys… I did always think that when you guys did get married I would be there to at least stand up for you…"

It took only a fraction of an instant for the potion to take affect. Clear headed Harry looked back down at the article and re-read it in complete disbelief.

"My only question is why you didn't tell Luna and I about this… Heck… did you even tell MUM??? You KNOW she's going to kill you and Hermione for leaving her out of this 'event'" Ron said, a slight bitterness in his tone.

"Ron, would you believe me if I told you that I have NO memory of what happened last night?"

"What do you mean, no memory… How can you have no memory of marrying the woman you have loved for what the majority of the last decade???''

"I mean just that Ron… I see the pictures, I hear Rita's account of the wedding and yet… it's all a blank…"

"What is the last thing that you remember…"

"You and Luna had gone out to dinner… something to do with The Quibbler I think… or who knows it might have been about the Chudley Cannons… anyway… Hermione called, she was pretty upset… seems that asshole boss… Moosehead…"

"You mean Mason…"

"You knew who I meant… Mason had just dumped this huge writing assignment on her and expected her to have it done by Monday. Well you know how she gets when she is pressed into a corner…"

"Yeah she goes ahead and does the work…"

"Precisely… however this time… she found out that it's MASON's Job on the line if this doesn't get done… and not hers…"

"So how does this turn into you both getting married?" Ron asked.

"Well she had called me and we decided to go out to the The Three Broomsticks for dinner… I remember, my last class had gotten over about 3:30, so it was about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, when we got there… well rather then eating… Hermione started drinking Firewhiskey… She was so ticked off about Mason dropping this assignment on her lap when she has that entire book to edit… well one thing led to another and since I had a sort of difficult day at the school…" he shrugged, "I sort of joined her in drinking…"

"Well we know how you got drunk last night…"

"Anyway, I vaguely recall seeing Fred and George come in… they came over and talked to us for a few minutes… joking about something they had just created… they bought us more drinks… and then that's it until I woke up in my bed with Mione!"

"I wonder what Fred and George know about this… " Ron said as he went over to the fireplace to floo the twins at the 3W's shop.

"Hey lil' bro what's happening…" George said thru the flames.

"Have you seen the Daily Prophet this morning???" George shook his head no. "Then let me ask you this… WHAT IN THE NAME OF MERLIN DID YOU AND FRED DO TO HARRY AND HERMIONE'S DRINKS LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!! HUH??? ANSWER ME" Ron said with an anger in his eyes that caught George off guard.

"Ummm, why do you ask…" George said cautiously.

"Because Harry and Hermione got married last night and have NO IDEA HOW it happened!!!! That's why I ask… So again, what did you and Fred do to their drinks last night!" Ron was screaming at George.

"Hey, whoa… settle down lil' bro I don't think they heard you in oh… say MARS!" Freds voice said as his face popped in next to George's. "We just figured they needed to RELAX and both get laid… you know with each other… I mean they have been avoiding the obvious for centuries… and seeing as how they had already gotten drunker then we have ever seen them last night we just slipped them each one of our newest items from the store… Weasley's Erised Inhibitors, what it does is it causes the consumer's inhibitions to decrease to a point and then allows them to follow their hearts desire and possibly to be fulfilled."

Hermione, now dressed in a pair of jeans and a cable knit sweater, and Luna dressed in a pretty yellow caftan robe, had both been standing at the door when they heard this last part. "I am going to hex you both into the next century! You think Ginny's Bat Bogie Hexes are bad… just you wait… The Both of you!" Hermione scaithenly said. "How DARE YOU manipulate our emotions… manipulate US with your inventions…" she screamed as she began to draw her wand at the twins heads.

With that threat on their heads Fred and George scurried out of the floo.

"I'm going to go get dressed," Harry said… "And then we will go down to the Ministry for Magic and get this marriage annulled."

"Ummm you can't do that mate." Ron said, "From the sounds coming from this room last night… I would say that you consummated your marriage making it legal and binding…"

"Then we will get a Divorce… how hard can that be right?" Harry said looking at Hermione. "I'm sorry Mione… I'm making a lot of decisions and not consulting you about them… "

"Spoken like a hen pecked husband already!" Ron said with a grin. "Why don't I contact Dad at the Ministry… see if he can come over and discuss this with you both."

"That's a good idea Ron." Hermione said taking deep breaths… then seeing the Daily Prophet on the bed she reached over and picked it up and began to read. "Oh my God… it's all over the papers! Harry, I do not think this is going to be a piece of cake… What are my parents going to think… What is Mrs. Weas…"

A loud bellow came from the fireplace in the living room… the voice was unmistakably Molly Weasley's.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER Get your butt in this room right now!!!!" Molly's voice resounded thru the walls. "You too MRS POTTER!" she shouted emphasizing MRS.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other and cringed… this was going to be a long day.

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Well, I checked my e-mail and got the hugest surprise and that was a ton of reviews already for the first chapter… I normally don't post again so soon… actaully Real Life has been having a field day with me lately and I have had virtually no time to write, work on my online gifts business or begin to pack up the apartment so we can move BACK to Alberta Canada… That is if the courts award me custody of the kids again on Thursday… that's when I go back to court… I must say, I am scared as all hell… but I have to pray that this entire ordeal will soon be over…

As for the design of the wedding dress.. it is one of my own creations… and one of these days I will actually get it made! LOL I had originally designed it for my own wedding but when that one fell through and I met and became engaged to my Lord Mutant Consort Logan… I didn't bother with all the details that I had done for the other wedding… instead we had a very very very simple wedding in my brother's back yard! Anyway… I tried to put as much detail as I possibly could into the article by Rita Skeeter… I hope it's alright…

I hope you enjoy… please remember what you have to do so that you are able to receive chapter updates!

Peace,

As Always,

(`'.¸(`'o..¤..o'´)¸.'´)

´¨`o.* Muirnin *.o´¨`

(¸.'´(¸.o'´¤`'o.¸)`'.)

"An imaginative mind is a terrible thing to waste..."

@}>---'---,---

Requirements:

· -H and H are single in the beginning.

· -Harry and Hermione go out, without Ron, to celebrate/forget their shame (your choice) about whatever event you choose.

· -They get drunk. And when I say drunk, I mean, drunk. So drunk they can hardly see straight.

· -While being drunk, H and H think of the bright idea of getting married. Going to a drivethrough wizarding wedding chapel (Do they have those in England? If not, they can use a Portkey and go to Vegas...) they get married.

· -Wizarding wedding are much different. When a couple gets married, they are bound together for life. The only was for them to 'seperate' or 'divorce' is if both of the people want, truly, out of the marriage. Their wedding rings are the symbol--if the ring won't come off, the couple can't divorce.

· -Media has a field day with this...

· -Harry and Hermione are trying all they can to get a divorce, but, alas, it seems their rings just won't come off...

· -Can be either chaptered or one shot.