Unofficial Portkey Archive

Cut by sugarbear_1269
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Cut

sugarbear_1269

Author's Note: Sorry this has taken so long to get out. And just to appease you, I've already started work on Chapter 10. A few notes to reading this chapter…first, if you feel rushed reading it, you should. It's my complete intention. Secondly, there are some events with questionable timelines. Just humor me, okay? Lots of hugs go to where_is_truth and rainpuddle13 for their tireless efforts and having no problem telling me when my characters became anemic. I am indebted.

***

***

***

Draco woke early the next morning. Cracking a sleepy eye and casting a glance at the clock, he saw it was 7:30. The night before, Ginny had mumbled that she had to be back at Hogsmeade Station at 10:00 so she could leave with the students. He wasn't particularly thrilled to leave their warm nest of blankets, but extricated himself and made sure Ginny stayed covered. Grabbing his clothes, he made for the lavatory and a hot shower.

Ginny woke seconds after he left. Curiously, she could feel a sense of loss wafting off him. Unused to perceiving another human being in this manner, she sat still and tried to get a lock on what she was feeling, what he was feeling. Dimly, she got the impression that Draco wanted her to come to him. Determined to use the power of the binding spell, she rose from the blankets. Trundling slowly down the hall (for she was a mite sore) she entered the steamy loo. Pulling back the shower curtain, she stepped inside.

Draco turned from the spray, regarding her. Reaching out, he cupped her face in his hands and drew her near for an unhurried kiss. Pulling away, Draco smirked.

"I knew the moment you were awake," he said, running soap-covered hands over her breasts. "Now you can't ever fake sleep if I want you right then." She laughed, the mellifluous sound filling the small shower.

"I think we will begin to see that the binding spell has some unusual qualities," she said, tracing the tiny heart on his chest. He leaned in again, capturing her lips.

"You're very dirty, Miss Weasley…stinky, even," he murmured, smiling against the curve of her ear. Her haughty reply amused him.

"You made me that way, Malfoy, and the way I see it you ought to be the one to take care of it. Of course, I can't believe a rich boy such as you could find it in yourself to share so much as a shower."

"Hmmm," he muttered, pushing her gently into the steaming spray. "Perhaps you've got an idea there." Cupping his hands, he let water pool in them and then directed the stream over her breasts. His hands followed the water, brushing against her still-sensitive nipples. She leaned back into him, her hair sticking damply to his chest.

Letting the water sluice over him, he knelt and urged her legs apart. Gentle splashes from her body covered him as he cupped his hands and washed her center clean of their mixed essences. His intentions, though, quickly disintegrated when he saw the quivering of her flesh, the pouting pink.

The loss of his hands soothing and cleaning her was keen. He instead pressed his hand to her back, urging her to lean forward slightly.

He was drawn to her; touching, tasting her as if he was starving. His heavy erection went unheeded as he concentrated on bringing Ginny to release. Her mewling cries spurred him on and he was close to taking her over the edge when a faint image flashed in his mind.

Slowly he deciphered it, seeing what undoubtedly came from her mind. It was a snapshot of him making love to her slowly against the cool shower wall. Tasting her one last time, he moved up her body, pressing her back to the wall. Completing the snapshot he had seen so clearly, he pulled her left leg around his waist, lifting her into him. He slid inside her, her swollen sex crushing him. The incredible tightness was mind-blowing. A few passionate minutes later, Ginny was crying out her release and Draco lasted only seconds more.

The two sated lovers knew that this marked the end of their magical night in Hogsmeade.

***

An hour and a half later, after Draco had insisted on making hot chocolate for her and she insisted on giving him his gifts, they hastily cleaned the flat. Of course, Draco was most proud of his nifty transfiguration of the twins' sign; it now read "Welcome Back Prats."

Ten minutes late, they Apparated to Hogsmeade Station. Professor McGonagall was red-faced and angry for having been made to wait.

"Miss Weasley, I do believe we agreed on 10:00 for your appearance."

"I found her wandering around Gladrags," Draco sneered, pushing Ginny in front of him roughly. "But she was only window-shopping. They wouldn't let her kind in." Ginny turned and punched him in the gut.

"Stupid ferrety git," she growled, smacking him again with her valise before turning to McGonagall.

"I'm sorry, Professor, I truly am," she said, hoping Draco's unexpected act would appease her. McGonagall ignored her and turned her piercing eyes on Draco.

"Please know, Mr. Malfoy, that if I catch you insulting or harassing my students, I'll transfigure you into a ferret for good. Get in the carriage, Ginny. The Creeveys are waiting for you."

Ginny's face burned red, not missing McGonagall's inflection. Without a backward glance at Draco, she hurried to the next to last carriage in line. The aged professor turned her icy stare to Draco.

"Let us take the last carriage, Mr. Malfoy. And by the way, that's an exceptional carryall you've got there. Funny, I don't remember you bringing that when I saw you arrive yesterday."

Furious gray eyes met barely-concealed mirth in Professor McGonagall's expression. Stupid hag. It was obvious that she knew what was going on, but did she have to throw it in his face? Making a noise like a snarl, he decided he'd rather ride than walk back to Hogwarts.

***

It was as Ginny said it would be; the next two months were incredibly busy. Draco was forced to spend more time at the Ministry, and he spent only some nights at Hogwarts.

Meanwhile, Ginny found her time stolen by exam preparations, friends and graduation activities. She'd only chanced upon Draco twice since their time in Hogsmeade. Though the separation wore on her, she tried to use the powers of the binding spell by projecting images of them snuggling or kissing to keep his spirits up. And of course, exams loomed ever-closer on the horizon. She was pleased with her preparations. With the old N.E.W.T. study guides Hermione had thoughtfully owled her, she often got ninety percent or more correct. Professor McGonagall had quietly mentioned Animagus training to her as a possible course of study after graduation, and Madam Pomfrey was hinting strongly that St. Mungo's wanted her services.

All of these options were pushed aside when two weeks before graduation, Ginny received an owl from the twins.

Dear Sister Ours,

Because we'd like to have you work for us, we're hoping to persuade you with a graduation holiday to France. It's the least we can do for our favorite sister. Enclosed are your arrangements and Portkey times.

Much love,

Fred and George

She had squealed with ill-concealed happiness and kept the short note tucked in her robe pocket. After supper that night, she snuck down into the dungeons, hoping Draco would be there so she could share her news.

Shooting furtive glances around her as she walked, she soon found herself in front of Draco's door. Knocking quietly, she backed away and flattened herself against the wall behind her, hoping to stay inconspicuous.

Her knock went unanswered.

Frowning, but not really surprised, she turned to trek back to Gryffindor tower when the door clicked open; Ginny pivoted quickly to see a sleep-disheveled Draco standing in the doorway.

"Well, Weasley, might as well come in," he muttered tiredly. Rolling her eyes, she backtracked and entered his chamber.

It was obvious he'd been asleep for a while, though it was hardly late. Without waiting for her words, he unceremoniously returned to his bed and snuggled down in the still-warm sheets, eyes heavy with fatigue.

"You're cute when you're sleepy," she said softly, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"C'mere," he mumbled. "Wanna hold you while you talk."

"I won't be here long," she warned, kicking off her shoes.

"Don' care."

Sighing, she turned against him, feeling his arm curl around her shoulders.

"I just had to come share my news. The twins are giving me a graduation gift of a holiday to France."

"Y'need it," he said softly, pulling her closer.

She went on to briefly explain about the particulars.

"And so I arrive two weeks from graduation, and I was wondering if you might be able to come to the Ministry to see me when I come back. My Portkey is due in at six that evening."

"I won' forget," he said. "Six at the Ministry, second Saturday in June," he said, committing it to memory.

She smiled.

"Thank you, Draco. I just thought it might be an opportunity to see one another before anything breaks out." She felt him nod beside her.

"I'll be there. Go study. I'm sleeping." Holding back a laugh, she kissed him softly, then slipped off the bed and replaced her shoes. She took a long look at him as he snored softly. Shutting the door quietly, she went upstairs to prepare for her future.

***

Graduation was on a Saturday. Ginny had received an owl from her mum telling her that all the family would be in tow, including Fleur Delacour, who seemed to have begun dating her eldest brother. She was excited to see everyone, even that horrible git Percy, who had finally made peace with the family, and Charlie, who was bound to be singed in one place or another. Hermione and Harry would also tagging along.

The N.E.W.T.s had been completed last week, and she had passed with flying colors. Indeed, she had been surprised to see her marks were higher than she expected. She gratefully owled Hermione a thank you note for her helpful study guides.

The week had been full of graduation activities, including ceremonies for the top students from each house, awards for top marks in individual classes, and merit awards. Ginny had blushed furiously when she received a merit award from McGonagall and an award from Madam Pomfrey for top marks in her Advanced Healing class.

And here it was Friday already, and Ginny was cleaning her room idly, reflecting on her time at Hogwarts as she used her wand to fold her clothes and fill her trunk.

Seven years she had been in this drafty castle of a school, and in those seven years she had grown a lot. From chaos and destruction in her first year to deceptive silence now, she had learned to be always on her guard. She wished those months had been a little more peaceful, a bit more idyllic, and vastly different.

Of course, should the time have passed peacefully, she would have continued her crush on Harry Potter. And perhaps her adolescent love would have been returned, but it would have been fairly prim and most certainly proper. She never would have opened the Chamber of Secrets, never would have dated any other boys, and never would have hexed Draco.

Thoughts like these were the ones Ginny feel asleep to.

When Ginny woke Saturday morning, she found the house elves had finished packing and cleaning for her. Vowing to leave them some of her candy stash, she hurried to shower and dress before her family and friends would be arriving.

***

The lush lawns of Hogwarts had been decorated and manicured for graduation. With Dumbledore's help, Hagrid charmed flocks of white doves to decorate the trees and several hundred comfortable chairs had been conjured for the graduates and spectators. Ginny and the gaggle of Weasleys (which ended up including the twins' girlfriends, Angelina and Katie, and Percy's fiancée Penelope) made their way to the Gryffindor section of chairs in front of Dumbledore's podium.

Saying goodbye, Ginny found her assigned seat and sat, watching as all fourteen people in her entourage sat in the spectator section. Families and students began to file in. She watched a charmed dais lift the Head Table and podium above the crowd. Ginny almost did a double take as Draco walked out in formal black robes, taking a seat to Professor Snape's right.

She was wearing the green robes she'd purchased at Gladrags, and she knew she looked better than nice. Her mirror had told her so. Even over the considerable distance, Ginny felt herself blush as Draco raised a sleek eyebrow and gave her a hooded but appreciative once-over.

To alleviate her blush, Ginny looked around at the crowd, immediately spotting a disgustingly familiar face. Lucius Malfoy stared right through her, making her feel as if her soul were being sucked out by Dementors. Nearly knocking over her chair in her haste, she whipped herself around, vowing to stay away from him. Gathering her wits, she concentrated on this final happy day.

At last, everyone was seated and Dumbledore ascended the podium. His bright eyes surveyed the crowd, who waited for him to speak.

After perfunctory introductions of Head Staff and Draco, plus reiterations of the week's award winners, Dumbledore launched into his speech.

He spoke of simmering turmoil beneath the surface of the wizarding community, and of the importance of self-defense. His words morphed into praise for the graduates, noting seven years of teaching magical proficiency and character-building had produced as fine a class as he had ever seen. In closing, he spoke of healing ancient rifts in their society, and his fervent wish was perhaps the fresh graduates of today would be the diplomats and finest witches and wizards of the age.

After the speech, Ginny waited her turn to receive her certificate of graduation. When she proudly stepped onto the dais, the Weasleys and their girlfriends rose and applauded her loudly. Blushing, she walked past Draco, Snape, and Flitwick to take her certificate from a smiling McGonagall.

She returned to her seat amid more cheers from her assorted family, examining her certificate as the Hufflepuff and Slytherin graduates were called. She was so engrossed in reading and tracing the embossed lines that she had to be elbowed by her neighbor when the ceremony was over.

Tradition called for the last singing of the Hogwarts song and the graduates were allowed to shoot sparks of their house colors into the air. The song was, as always, muddled and off-key, but she enjoyed it anyway. And with nearly 200 other students, she shouted a special spell to shoot fountains of red and gold sparks from her wand.

Ginny Weasley was now an official graduate of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

***

Ginny was folded into a mass group hug that left her breathless and smiling. The attention she was getting from her family was especially sweet in its relative rarity. As she had seen Percy, Fred and George and Ron do before her, she spoke to her professors one final time with her family in tow.

Professor McGonagall was nearly rosy-cheeked as she carefully explained to Arthur and Molly that Ginny's aptitude for transfiguration gave her great potential as an Animagus. A quick trip to Madam Pomfrey had her calling over a Hufflepuff graduate whose arm Ginny had mended extremely well. Molly and Arthur beamed over their daughter's achievements.

"Let's go see Dumbledore, eh?" George said, walking toward the ancient wizard. "He's not talking to anyone but Malfoy."

Indeed, the headmaster stood near the shaded steps of one of Hogwarts' stone staircases, speaking to Malfoy cordially. Albus was apprising Draco of his summer duties for the school at the Ministry when a veritable squadron of Weasleys bore down on them.

"Molly, Arthur, so good you see you!" Albus said, nodding at everyone else assembled. "And Miss Weasley, I am particularly impressed with your work as a Healer."

Suddenly, Ginny was pushed to the front of the group to speak to Dumbledore. Underneath Draco's inexplicably hot, languidly sexy gaze, she graciously received the compliments Dumbledore was bestowing upon her.

"You'll never guess what Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes is doing for Ginny, Headmaster! We gave her a graduation trip to France!" Fred said excitedly, rubbing his hands together.

"It's a two week trip, you know, sir, because we're trying to bribe her to work for us," George explained, his words running together and falling over his brother's.

"She leaves tomorrow and comes back two weeks from today. Isn't it grand? You reckon it will work?" Fred picked up, laughing at Dumbledore's expression.

"Well, Fred, George, you'll certainly have to bribe her heartily. From what I hear, she's in great demand at St. Mungo's." Dumbledore looked up and his gaze rested on tall, burly Charlie. "Perhaps, Charlie, your sister could heal those burns for you."

Charlie grinned cheerfully.

"Wouldn't matter, Professor. There's a new one every day."

***

As the horde of Weasleys spoke with Dumbledore, Lucius Malfoy stood some distance up the stone staircase, obscured by leafy fronds from nearby trees. None of them, not a single one, even chanced to look his way. Not even Draco felt his commanding presence.

With a pounding heart and soured stomach, Lucius watched his son smile at the Weasley girl. Hatred hardening within, Lucius focused very clearly on Draco's eyes, for once being able to look at them without occlusion.

Through the connection Draco did not sense, Lucius saw erotic images of the girl melting into one another in Draco's mind's eye. Lucius was seconds away from dismissing the scenes as misguided lust when Draco unthinkingly replayed a scene that was obviously a favorite.

Through a haze of firelight, Lucius could now clearly see his son being well and truly fucked by a lithe, supple woman. Her flame red hair gave it away.

Lucius finally put a face to Draco's Christmas whore.

***

Draco spent the next ten days at the Ministry, preparing for a boring summer. Apparently, someone decided he needed plenty of work to keep him busy, and his lunch trips to Muggle London were severely cut short.

He was forced to help Hogwarts and the Ministry select the coming term's first years, which included drafting very sensitive letters to parents of Muggle-borns who would probably not react well to being told of their son or daughter's magical abilities.

One bright spot was an owl from Ginny. He handled her note as if it were a pouch of Galleons. In it she sent smiles from France, regaling him with tales of her adventures and piquing his interest when she said she bought some interesting lingerie. She also wrote that she had decided to work at St. Mungo's upon her return, as it was the only thing she could see herself doing. She wished to do Animagus training as well, provided her form wasn't a weasel. She reiterated her travel arrangements and reminded him to be on time to her Portkey arrival.

At the end she sprayed a bit of French perfume she'd bought and kissed her lips to the signature; taunting him, he was sure. After inhaling the fragrance once more, he tucked the note into his robe pocket.

***

Lucius Malfoy did not gain his notoriety as a gentleman. He reminded himself of this as he rifled through Draco's pockets and the things he'd left strewn about since his return to the Manor. Lucius was sure he would find something helpful among his son's possessions.

After seeing concrete proof of his son's impertinence, betrayal and degradation, Lucius wasted no time in coming up with a punishment. Of course, it did upset his plans. He'd so wished to present Draco to the Dark Lord at the next meeting. How could he, with his son's flesh so irrefutably soiled with the filth of the Muggle-lover? And not just any Muggle sympathizer, but a Weasley! Draco could obviously sink no lower.

And now Lucius' plan was simple. He no longer would present Draco to the Dark Lord. Miss Ginny Weasley would do fine, and would please and impress Voldemort like no other quarry. It would be a fitting punishment for Draco, to see his perfect dove sullied by the Death Eaters and Voldemort alike before the Dark Lord took her body and sucked the life energy from her.

Oh, yes, it was brilliant, and there was one last hurdle to clear. Thanks to the Weasley twins, he'd figured it all out.

Lucius kept a private potions room in the labyrinthine dungeons of Malfoy Manor that neither his family nor the house elves knew about. In it he kept several potions handy, the main one consisting of several constantly-bubbling cauldrons of Polyjuice.

Polyjuice had served him well over the years as a disguise of sorts. Every victim he'd ever had a hand on was relieved of a few locks of their hair. No matter if they were dead, or were much older now, the momentary change was enough to sneak him out of almost any situation. He had only to add the selected hairs and slip into someone else's skin for an hour.

He was searching Draco's room for a clue as to the girl's arrival in London. He knew the date, but the time was the unknown factor. Perhaps he could show up as Draco, and escort her home. When he removed her from the Ministry, he could feed her a flask of tainted pumpkin juice that would sedate her for hours. It would be a short Apparation to Malfoy Manor, and in hours he could convene the Death Eaters in a meeting that would change the face of their crusade.

Picturing the Dark Mark above Malfoy Manor and the debauchery that would surely ensue slightly stirred his flaccid manhood. This could be the most important event of the century.

As his mind wandered, his fingers chanced upon a wrinkled piece of parchment. Withdrawing it, Lucius unfolded the sweet-smelling note and read the neat script announcing Ginny Weasley's arrival at six on Saturday, two days hence. He frowned when he saw that Draco was meeting her there, but he would chance it if by some miracle her Portkey came early, or, even better, Draco was late.

And if he could only succeed in getting the Weasley safely to Malfoy Manor, perhaps he could return and collect Draco as well. No reason they couldn't suffer together, was there?

***

Ginny examined the Muggle watch she had purchased in Paris. The Portkeys were moving faster than usual at the Parisian Ministry. She was due to return at six, but it appeared she'd be coming in fifteen minutes early. No matter; it would give her time to freshen up before seeing Draco. She'd told her parents that Draco was picking her up; allowing for some visiting time, she estimated she'd be home by seven thirty.

Hearing the Paris-London Portkey called, Ginny stepped onto the platform and felt the sickening tug behind her navel as she was deposited earlier than expected at the Ministry in London.

Her luggage appeared beside her a moment later and she tugged it off the platform, searching for Draco among the throngs of travelers.

She saw only a speck of blond hair as Draco approached her dressed in a hooded black robe. Smiling and making her way down, she met him and he guided her silently from the busy room.

Once outside, Ginny quickly threw her arms around him and kissed his cheek.

"I missed you, Draco," she said, smiling at him. He returned the smile rather fiercely, as if he had something up his sleeve.

"I thought about you often," he said, returning her kiss. Her attention turned to the heavy black robes.

"Why are you dressed in such heavy robes?" she asked quizzically as they descended to the ground level.

"I didn't want to be recognized. Surely you didn't want anyone to see us?" he replied curtly. "Come with me over here, out of sight," he said, leading her skillfully into a disused hallway.

"What for?" she asked, peering at him closely. She couldn't seem to home in on his thoughts, and it was distracting to her. But her distraction was overridden by her thirst. "Can't I just go out to the refreshment lounge for a minute? I'm really thirsty," she said. "I always get thirsty after taking a Portkey. I feel like I've not had a drink for days."

She broke through his grasp on her arm only to have his hand close over her wrist, stopping her.

"We can't go out there," Draco said, his eyes oddly flat. "Do you want someone to see us? Besides, I've got some pumpkin juice in a flask right here."

He removed a long, engraved silver flask from the hip pocket of his robes.

"Here," he said, handing it to her.

"Where'd you get this? I've never seen it before."

"Nicked it from my father," Draco said, a bit of his old smile returning. Ginny smiled, thinking how Draco must have relished pinching the object from Lucius.

She took the flask from his outstretched hand and drank deeply of it, her slim throat contracting with the effort.

"Oh, I feel better now," she said, giving him the flask. She opened her mouth to form more words of gratitude, but instead slithered to the floor, deeply and utterly unconscious.

Lucius let Draco's refined features twist into a sneer. Hefting the slight girl to his shoulder, he shrank her luggage, collected her wand, and Apparated to Malfoy Manor without notice.

***

Draco's timing spell had failed. He'd charmed his quill to tickle his nose at 5:50, but obviously he'd bungled it. Swearing, he picked up his robes and his carryall and headed out of his Ministry office. He'd chosen to work today because he saw no need in staying at the Manor and having his father question him when he readied to leave.

He hoped Ginny wouldn't be too upset; after all, he was only ten minutes late. He made his way to the Ministry's Portkey room and surveyed the witches and wizards crowding the area. There was no flash of shiny red hair, no eye to catch.

Thinking she had perhaps gone looking for some refreshments, he walked out the door to a small lounge area where travelers could pick out finger foods and drinks. Before he could inquire about Ginny, a familiar voice spoke to him.

"Draco, please come with me." Draco spun on his heel, coming face to face with his father. Fear shot through him as Lucius was sure to ask him why he was in this part of the Ministry, buildings away from his own office.

Instead his father's face looked drawn and pinched, and something like sadness crossed it. Following him out of the small room, Draco faced his father.

"Erm, what is it, Father? What are you doing here?"

"I am sorry to bother you at work, Draco, but something has happened to your mother. I need you to come back to the Manor."